I saw these Viennese whirl biscuits mentioned on a baking blog I follow and decided to make my version of it (not sandwiched with cream basically). It’s quick and easy to make and such a yummy treat, I decided to share it with you.
The original recipe comes from the Hairy Bikers.
- 250g very soft butter
- 50g icing sugar, plus extra to decorate
- 250g plain flour
- 50g corn flour
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, icing sugar, plain flour, corn flour and vanilla extract in a food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape the mixture down a few times with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Pipe 12-15 x 6cm rosettes of the dough, spacing well apart.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 13-15 minutes or until pale golden-brown and firm. Cool on the baking tray for five minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining dough to make 15-20 biscuits (the original recipe says +-36 biscuits, so perhaps I made mine too big).